Afrobeat Trainspotter

This blog is dedicated to good electonic music with a deep and jazzy edge. House music, jazzy beats, breaks and more. Catch my comments and musings on the "scene" and all things deep.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Artist Check: Black Coffee (Nkosinathi (Nathi) Maphumulo)



I was looking through some playlists for some new music and came across a Kevin "Master" Saunderson playlist on theVinyl Junkies website. As I was moving down the list I came across Black Coffee "Turn Me On / Come To Me" and wondered if it was the same Black Coffee from South Africa that a friend of mine had told me about a few years back who was starting to produce some good quality deep house in Gauteng. To my surprise it was! Great to see SA producers making waves internationally.

Have a listen to "Turn me on", its a solid house track with that rather distinctive latin precussion that SA producers love. He put out three 12" last year so keep your ears open in 08 for more.

For more info on Black Coffee check out his Discog's profile or his myspace page.

1 Comments:

At 12:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have the potential to produce loads of good house... big house scene in South Africa. Nice one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home